Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: The Nut Job


The Nut Job 1/11/14 (free preview through Gofobo)
2.75 out of 5 Stars
I see EVERY kid movie that comes out.  My 10 year old really liked it.  I thought it was just okay as compared to others.  Loved the use of Psi music and the video at the end.  I was hoping for more "nut" puns, based on the commercial and was actually really looking forward to the movie.  The raccoon was a little over the top and reminded me of the stuffed bear bad guy in Toy Story 3.  The plot reminded me a bit of Over the Hedge, only The Nut Job didn't spend enough time on character development in the beginning, so I didn't care about the main characters enough to get involved in their adventures.  The raccoon kind of killed that for me at the beginning.  We both loved the little pug dog though.  Whoever wrote the dog must have dogs him/herself because they got it just write, cute, funny and dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment