Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Princess Bride...revisited

The Princess Bride. It's #177 on IMDB but was nominated for just one Oscar in 1987 - for Best Original Song. I love this movie for many reasons. It never gets old. I quote it on a regular basis. In fact, I quote it so often, I've forgotten their quotes at all. I've had a lifelong llove affair with both Cary Elwes and Robin Wright as a direct result of this movie. It's clever, funny and sweet without being too cute. I own a copy of the DVD and just saw it again on the big screen with my 10 year old, who also loved it. It's timeless and enjoyable at any age. I'm actually reading the book again now. My connection with it is personal. (Note: Close runner up Rob Reiner mentions would have to go to When Harry Met Sally, which I re-watch every NYE and to Stand By Me, which is the third perfect movie from that time period of Reiner's career).

No comments:

Post a Comment